Orapi S5000 Silicone Seal IMPACT-SIL S5000 is a high performance, single component, high modulus, acetic curing silicone sealant/adhesive.
Orapi S5000 Silicone Seal IMPACT-SIL S5000 can be used on all glazing work along with common building and construction joints. IMPACT-SIL S5000 can be used on a wide variety of substrates and in many different environments
- Joint Movement of up to + or – 25%.
- Temperature Resistance of –40 to +1000C.
- Adheres to most surfaces.
- Stays permanently elastic after curing
- Easy to use.
- Safe for use in food environments and in contact with potable water when fully cured. It conforms to the technical requirements of BS5889 : 1989 Type A and FDA Regulation 177 2600.
- Colourfast and U.V. Resistant
Methods of Application
- Ensure that surfaces to be bonded are clean and free from grease, dirt, dust and any other contamination.
- Glass, metal and aluminium should be cleaned with IMPACT ADHESIVE S1909 Solvent Cleaner / Thinner for best adhesion.
- Cut the tip of the cartridge taking care not to damage the thread and affix nozzle to cartridge.
- Cut nozzle at 450 leaving an opening slightly larger than the gap to be filled.
- Apply using a standard sealant gun using firm even pressure to achieve the desired bead width.
- To ensure a proper bond smooth the sealant with a spatula or similar tool.
- Allow the bond to fully cure.
|Minimum Joint Width||5mm|
|Maximum Joint Width||30mm|
|Minimum Joint Depth||5mm|
|Joint Ratio||Max. Depth 50% of Joint Width|
Typical Coverage Rates
Estimated Linear Metres Per 310ml Cartridge
|Depth (mm)||Width (mm)|
Coverage rates per litre are available from our Technical Department.
Typical Adhesive Characteristics
|Curing System||Moisture Cure|
|Specific Gravity||1.03 – 1.25|
|Curing Time||1.5mm/24 hours (@ 200C/65 R.H.)|
|Tack Free||15 minutes (@ 200C/65 R.H.)|
|Elasticity Modulus 100%||0.35 N/mm2 (DIN 53504)|
|Maximum Tension||1.50 N/mm2 (DIN 53504)|
|Cleaning Solvent||White Spirit|
|Application Temperature||+1 to +300C|
Typical Bond / Seal Characteristics
|Movement Accommodation||+ or – 25%|
|Temperature Resistance||-400C to +1000C|
|Hardness Shore A:||22|
|Elongation at Break||>500%|
Due to the acetic character some metals e.g. copper, lead can be attacked. S5000 may stress craze polycarbonate; for polycarbonate use IMPACT-SIL S5100
IMPACT-SIL S5000 is available in 310ml cartridges in a variety of colours.
Stored between + 50C and + 250C IMPACT-SIL S5000 will retain its properties for 12 months.
Health and Safety
This Technical Information Sheet does not constitute a Material Safety Data Sheet. Before using this product ensure you have read and fully understood IMPACT-SIL S5000 Material Safety Data Sheet S5000.
TIS No. S5000/02