The Gates Polyflex® is a strong and compact belt has a nominal top width of between 3mm and 11mm. It transmits extra power and allows even higher speed ratios than other belts. Polyflex® is suited for the smallest diameter pulleys and most compact drives which have high rotational speeds. PolyFlex® is ideal for machine tools requiring high performance and a smoother operation in confined spaces. For example, bench mounted milling machines, lathes, spindle drives for wood work and metal work machines, computer peripherals and small sized blowers.
Gates Polyflex® belt identification: Durable marking indicates the dimension and type of belt.
- Polyurethane compound, superior to conventional belt materials, offers high fatigue and wear resistance and a high friction coefficient. It also improves adhesion to the tensile cords.
- Polyurethane is extremely resistant to heat, chemicals and oil.
- Uniformity throughout Polyflex® is ensured because the polyurethane compound is not layered but cast as a single unit after the positioning of the tensile cords in the mould.
- Ribbed top provides lateral rigidity without increasing bending stresses. The ribs also help to keep Polyflex® belts running cool.
- 60° angle results in better support of the tensile section, and provides a more even load distribution.
- Design freedom and space savings which are not possible with
- conventional rubber construction belts.
- Low maintenance cost as belt needs less re-tensioning.
- Long belt life on compact drives.