GATES MINI POLY CHAIN® GT CARBON™ 8MGT
POLYURETHANE SYNCHRONOUS BELT WITH OPTIMISED CURVILINEAR GT TOOTH PROFILE
This compact polyurethane synchronous belt opens up new opportunities in the design of conveyor drives and is an alternative to roller chains. Poly Chain® GT Carbon™ does not require lubrication or tensioning and is characterised by low noise levels even at high transport speeds. The special construction is highly resistant to aggressive influences such as dust, oil and chemicals.
- Teeth and body are made of a lightweight polyurethane compound, specially blended for adhesion to the cords and fabric.
- The carbon fibre tensile cords provide extraordinary power carrying capacity.
- Flex fatigue life of carbon is exceptional, and its high impact strength withstands shocks and surge loading.
- Standard widths of 11.2, 12, 21, 36, 62 mm. Other widths available on request.
- Cut maintenance and downtime.
- Carbon cords easily handle shock loads.
- Functions on fixed center drives
- No lubrication required.
- Smooth running roller conveyor.
- Inert to most acids, chemicals and water
- No need for constant re-tensioning.
- On demand available in PowerPainT™ construction, to eliminate paint contamination risk (see p. 40).
- Temperature range: -54°C to + 85°C.
- Perfect fit on Poly Chain ® GT profile pulleys.
8M - Pitch 8 mm
C - Carbon tensile me mber
352 - Pitch length (mm)
11.2 - Belt width (mm)
|NOTE: For correct design and tensioning of the belt please use Gates DesignFlex® Pro™ Drive design software, available on www.Gates.com/Europe.|
|Identification Durable white marking indicating the belt type and white marking indicating the belt dimensions.|
|Sections and nominal dimensions|
|Section||Pitch (mm)||Tooth height
(pitch length - mm)
|8MGT||8.0||3.4||5.9||248 - 608|