GATES POLY CHAIN® CARBONTM VOLT®
ANTI-STATIC POLYURETHANE SYNCHRONOUS BELT WITH OPTIMISED CURVILINEAR GT TOOTH
THE POWER YOU WANT, THE SAFETY YOU NEVER HAD
Antistatic power transmission belts are a must in ATEX environments. To ensure the highest safety standards, their capacity to safely dissipate static electricity should meet the required levels over the lifetime of the belt - and not only when new. The Poly Chain® Carbon™ Volt® belt is the only belt in the market that meets the ISO 9563 standard over the complete lifespan of the belt. Its patented static-conductive jacket construction transfers static electricity safely to carbon tensile cords, away from the driven side of the application – making it your safest and strongest option for applications in ATEX environments.
- Static conductive (ISO 9563) and can as such be used in the conditions described in the directive 2014/34/EU- ATEX.
- Chemically resistant polyurethane compound that ensures optimum adhesion with the carbon tensile cords.
- Carbon fibre reinforcement for high strength and length stability.
- Nylon fabric facing that acts as a wear resistant surface, protecting the teeth and keeping frictional losses to a minimum.
- Curvilinear tooth profile for improved stress distribution and higher overall loading.
- Maintains static conductivity over belt lifetime.
- 400% greater capacity than HTD belts.
- 5% energy savings over V-belts.
- 99% efficiency for life of the drive.
- Reduced maintenance and downtime.
- Reduce weight and overhung loads.
- Inert to most acids, chemicals and water.
- Standard widths of 12, 21, 36, 62 mm (8MGT) and 20, 37, 68, 90, 125 mm (14MGT). Other widths available on request.
- On demand available in PowerPainT™ construction, to eliminate paint contamination risk (see p. 40).
- Temperature range: -54°C to + 85°C.
- Perfect fit on Poly Chain® GT profile pulleys.
14MGT - Pitch 14 mm
V - Carbon™ Volt® version
1890 - Pitch length (mm)
37 - Belt width (mm)
|NOTE: For correct design and tensioning of the belt please use Gates DesignFlex® Pro™ Drive design software, available on www.Gates.com/Europe.|
|Identification Durable white marking indicating the belt type and white marking indicating the belt dimensions.|
|Sections and nominal dimensions|
|Section||Pitch (mm)||Tooth height
(pitch length - mm)
|8MGT||8.0||3.4||5.9||640 - 4480|
|14MGT||14.0||6.0||10.2||994 - 4410|