GATES POLY CHAIN® GT2
POLYURETHANE SYNCHRONOUS BELT WITH OPTIMISED CURVILINEAR GT TOOTH PROFILE
Poly Chain® GT2 has been designed for optimum performance on high torque, low speed drives in any industrial application. This lightweight belt features increased power ratings of up to 40% higher than previous constructions while maintaining the same long service life. Poly Chain® GT2 operates on Poly Chain® GT pulleys. These belts make an excellent alternative to roller chains, requiring neither re-tensioning nor lubrication. Space-saving, weight-saving and money-saving, Poly Chain® GT2 drives offer a long and reliable service life.
- Teeth and body are made of a lightweight polyurethane compound, specially blended for adhesion to the cords and fabric. This uniquely
formulated polyurethane makes the belt tough and virtually immune to abrasion and chemicals.
- The aramid tensile cords provide extraordinary power-carrying capacity.
- Flex fatigue life of aramid is exceptional, and its high impact strength withstands shocks and surge loading.
- The fabric covering the teeth is highly resistant to oil, chemicals, pollutants, corrosion and abrasion. It is exceptionally durable and remains fully operational.
- The fabric facing reduces friction with the pulley, thereby minimising temperature build-up.
- Standard widths of 12, 21, 36, 62 mm (8MGT); and 20, 37, 68, 90, 125 mm (14MGT).
- Substantially increased power rating.
- High efficiency positive drive.
- Maintenance-free: no lubrication or re-tensioning needed.
- Savings in space, weight and money.
- Temperatures range: -54°C to +85°C.
- Perfect fit on Poly Chain® GT profile pulleys.
- On demand available in PowerPainT™ construction, to eliminate paint contamination risk (see p. 40).
8MGT - Pitch 8 mm
640 - Pitch length (mm)
12 - Belt width (mm)
|NOTE: For correct design and tensioning of the belt please use Gates DesignFlex® Pro™ Drive design software, available on www.Gates.com/Europe.|
|Identification Durable white marking indicating the belt type and belt dimensions.|
|Sections and nominal dimensions|
|Section||Pitch (mm)||Tooth height
(pitch length - mm)
|8MGT||8.0||3.4||5.9||640 - 4480|
|14MGT||14.0||6.0||10.2||994 - 4410|