This compact and strong belt with nominal top width from 3 mm to 11 mm transmits more power and allows high speed ratios. Polyflex® is suited for extremely small diameter pulleys and very compact drives with high rotational speeds. Ideal for use on machines and machine tools requiring high performance and smooth operation in limited space such as bench type milling machines, lathe drives, woodworking and metalworking machine spindle drives, computer peripheral equipment, small blowers, etc.
- High modulus, new formulated polyurethane compound, superior to conventional belt materials, offers high fatigue and wear resistance and a high friction coefficient. It also
improves adhesion to the tensile cords.
- Polyurethane is extremely resistant to heat, chemicals and oil.
- Uniformity throughout Polyflex® is ensured because the polyurethane compound is not layered but cast without overlaps for smooth running and low vibration.
- Ribbed top provides lateral rigidity without increasing bending stresses.
- The 60° angle results in better support of the tensile section, and provides a more even load distribution.
- Design freedom and space savings which are not possible with conventional rubber construction belts.
- Low maintenance cost as belt needs less re-tensioning.
- Long belt life on compact drives.
- Available on demand as Matched sets. Contact Customer Service for details.
- Temperature range: -54°C up to +85°C.
|Sections and nominal dimensions|
|Section||Width(mm)||Height (mm)||Length range |
(effective length - mm)
|3M||3||2.28||180 - 750|
|5M||5||3.30||280 - 1850|
|7M||7||5.33||500 - 2300|
|11M||11||6.85||710 - 2300|
5M - Section
1250 - Effective length (mm)
|NOTE: For correct design and tensioning of the belt please use Gates DesignFlex® ProTM Drive design software, available on www.Gates.com/Europe.|
|Identification Durable white marking indicating the belt type and white marking indicating the belt dimensions.|