GATES POLYFLEX® JBTM
POLYURETHANE MULTIPLE V-BELT
Polyflex® JBTM is synonymous with high power density in small spaces. Developed by Gates and produced to patented manufacturing processes, these belts provide more load-carrying capacity at higher speeds to small multiple V-belt precision drives. This results in significant cost savings and improved design freedom. Polyflex® JBTM belts are recommended for use on bench type milling machines, lathe drives, woodworking and metalworking machine spindle drives, computer peripheral equipment, small blowers, etc. They are available in 3M-JB, 5M-JB, 7M-JB and 11M-JB sections.
- JB = Joined Belt construction improves stability.
- Ribs relieve bending stress on small pulleys and provide lateral rigidity.
- The 60° angle provides more undercord support to the tensile section and distributes the load more evenly.
- Small cross-section meets special application needs such as high shaft speeds, small drive package size and smooth running requirements.
- High modulus polyurethane compound with a high friction coefficient.
- The precise casting method eliminates overlaps and layers.
- Excellent adhesion of tensile cords and polyurethane compound leads to high fatigue resistance and long belt life.
- Extra toughness. The polyurethane compound resists fatigue, wear and ozone.
- Long belt life on small pulleys and compact drives.
- Greater shaft speeds, up to 30,000 rpm.
- High performance and smooth running for precision applications.
- Cost savings and design freedom.
- Avoids vibrations when subjected to shock loads..
- Available on demand in Matched sets. Contact Customer Service for details.
- Available on demand in MTQ (MTQ=Machine Tool Quality) execution (Except on 3M-JB). Contact Customer Service for details.
- Temperature range: -54°C up to +85°C.
|Sections and nominal dimensions|
|Section||Standard numbers of ribs||Width
(effective length - mm)
|3M-JB||X||X||3||2.28||3.35||175 – 750|
|5M-JB||X||X||X||X||5||3.30||5.30||280 – 1500|
|7M-JB||X||X||X||X||7||5.33||8.50||490 – 2293|
|11M-JB||X||X||11||7.06||13.20||692 - 2282|
5M - Section
280 - Effective length (mm)
3 - Number of ribs (joined belt)
|NOTE: For correct design and tensioning of the belt please use Gates DesignFlexTM ProTM Drive design software, available on www.Gates.com/Europe.|
|Identification Durable white marking indicating the belt type and white marking indicating the belt dimensions.|