GATES POWERGRIP® HTD® 8M, 14M & 20M
WRAPPED, NARROW SECTION/CLASSICAL SECTION DOUBLE SIDED V-BELT
The curvilinear PowerGrip® HTD® tooth geometry eliminates stress concentration at tooth roots and allows higher power capacity and longer life. PowerGrip® HTD® 8M, 14M and 20M belts are used in high performance drives in the machine tool, paper and textile industries where durability and low maintenance are required.
- Special curvilinear tooth form improves stress
distribution and allows higher overall loading.
- Precisely formed and accurately spaced elastomeric
teeth ensure correct positioning in the pulley grooves.
- Tough nylon facing protects the tooth surfaces.
- Fibre glass tensile member provides the required strength combined with excellent flex life and high resistance to elongation.
- Durable elastomeric backing protects against environmental pollution as well as frictional wear if power is transmitted from the back of the belt.
- Belts conform to ISO13050:2014.
- Standard widths of 20, 30, 50, 85 mm (8M); 40, 55, 85, 115, 170 mm (14M); 115, 170, 230, 290, 340 mm (20M). Other widths available on request.
- Load capacities up to 1,000 kW.
- No slippage. PowerGrip® HTD® belt teeth mesh smoothly with pulley grooves, reducing speed variations.
- Wide speed range.
- Economical operation. No lubrication needed, no need for adjustment due to stretch and wear.
- High mechanical efficiency. The belt construction minimizes heat build-up and, since friction is not required to transmit the load, belt tensions are reduced.
- Constant driven speeds.
- Long trouble-free service life (because of excellent abrasion resistance) in many applications where metal components like chains and gears wear out in a matter of months.
- PowerGrip® HTD® 14M: static conductive (ISO 9563) and can as such be used in the conditions described
in the Directive 2014/34/EU- ATEX.
- Temperature range: -30°C to + 100°C.
- Perfect fit on HTD® profile pulleys.
480 - Pitch length (mm)
8M - Pitch 8 mm
20 - Belt width (mm)
|NOTE: For correct design and tensioning of the belt please use Gates DesignFlex® Pro™ Drive design software, available on www.Gates.com/Europe.|
|Identification Durable white marking indicating the belt type and belt dimensions.|
|Sections and nominal dimensions|
(pitch length - mm)
|8M||8.0||3.4||5.6||264 – 2800|
|14M||14.0||6.1||10.0||784 - 4578|
|20M||20.0||8.4||13.2||2000 - 6600|