GATES PREDATOR® POWERBAND®
HEAVY DUTY WRAPPED NARROW SECTION JOINED V-BELT WITH ARAMID CORD
Gates’ Predator® PowerBand® belt design offers a solution for drives where single belts vibrate, turn over or jump off the pulleys. It consists of several V-belts joined together by a permanent, high-strength tie band allowing the belts to work together as one unit. The Predator® Powerband® belt is especially designed for demanding applications and harsh environments and offers a high resistance to vibration. Predator® Powerband® are available in SPBP, SPCP, 5VP/15JP and 8VP section.
- Narrow cross-sections.
- Strong tie band joins the back of all belts.
- Flex bonded aramid tensile cords.
- Double layer bare back fabric cover.
- Fibre-loaded compound for improved belt stability.
- Gates curves provide full contact with pulley grooves for uniform loading of cords, uniform wear and increased belt life.
- The belt will not catch fire from heatbuild-up, even with severe slippage.
|Sections and nominal dimensions|
number of ribs
(datum length - mm)
|SPBP||16||13||19.0||2 - 16||2120 - 8000|
|SPCP||22||18||25.5||2 - 12||3000 - 11200|
|5VP/15JP||16||13||17.5||2 - 16||1400 - 9000 |
effective length - mm
|8VP/25JP||26||23||28.6||2 - 12||2540 - 15240 |
effective length - mm
- At least 40% higher power ratings than standard construction V-belts.
- No need for constant belt re-tensioning.
- Aramid tensile cords easily handle shock loads.
- Less maintenance, less downtime.
- Excellent problem solver.
- Feature a multiple layer tie band that provides excellent lateral rigidity to prevent belts from turning over or from coming off the drive.
- Predator® PowerBand® belts are static conductive (ISO 1813) (except for 8VP) and can as such be used in the conditions described in the Directive 2014/34/EU- ATEX.
- Available on demand in matched sets. Contact Customer Service for details.
- REACH and RoHS 2 compliant
- Temperature range: -30°C to +60°C.
SPB - Section
P - Predator Version
3350 - Datum length (mm)
3 - Number of Ribs
|NOTE: For correct design and tensioning of the belt please use Gates DesignFlex® Pro™ Drive design software, available on www.Gates.com/Europe.|
|Identification Durable silver marking indicating the belt type and white marking indicating the belt dimensions|