PowerGrip® GT3 is the latest incarnation from Gates’ rubber timing belt range. This brand new, extremely advanced belt covers the largest range of industrial situations. The PowerGrip® GT3 timing belt transmits up to 30% more power over and above the previous PowerGrip® GT2 . This entire range of timing belts is created for new timing belt drive designs, and replacements on existing timing belt drives without requiring any alteration to your system.
Gates PowerGrip® GT3 belt identification: Three part number on the back of the belt indicating pitch, belt length and width.
- Very modern, chemically advanced compound featuring fibreglass tensile cord construction, nylon facing, and elastomeric teeth/backing.
- Frictional wear and environmental pollution are resisted by the Elastomeric backing that protects the cords.
- Incredible strength, resistance to elongation and increased flex life are provided from the helically wound tensile member.
- Wear on teeth surfaces is drastically reduced by the addition of low friction nylon facing.
- The elastomeric teeth are precision formed and spaced very accurately.
- 5MGT is free from silicone and thus ideal for processes involved in painting.
- Can be used on GT style timing belt pulleys.
- Substantially increased power ratings, with up to 30% more power than previous belt types
- Compact, light and cost-effective
- Improved tooth jump resistance
- High capacity belt with reduced noise levels
- No lubrication needed