The Gates PowerBand ® V belt offers stable positioning in its pulleys and offers high resistance to single belt vibration. In this construction, several V belts are joined together by a permanent and high strength tie bands. This is a much tougher solution than when all v belts are taken individually.
Gates PowerBand® identification: Durable marking indicating type and dimensions.
Gates Powerband® Construction
- Strong band controls belt-to-belt distance and prevents sideways bending.
- Flex-bonded tensile cords are vulcanised as one solid unit making the belt highly resistant to tensile and flxing forces, fatigue and shock loads.
- Concave sides and arched top.
- Flex-weave cover protects the belt core from the toughest environments.
- Elastometric compound protects the belt against heat, ozone and sunlight.
- Static conductive (ISO 1383) and can be used in the conditions described in the Directive 94/EC- ATEX.
Advantages of use
- Better resistance to vibrations
- High stability and smooth running on the toughest drives
- Temperature ranges from -30C to +60C
- Important design economies possible
- Savings in drive space and weight thanks to high transmission efficiency.