Gates Predator ® V belts are Gates’ most recent addition to their range. They are the market leading V belt product, and are unparralleled in their great load carrying capacities and highly robust construction. Predator® V belts solve your problems by performing very well in harsh environments and extremely demanding applications when standard V belts have significant durability issues.
The Predator® V belt advantage lies in its construction. Predator® have the highest power density of all competing V belts. It features almost zero stretch due to high strength/modulus aramid tensile cords. Gates Predator® V belts are available as Powerband®, as well as single belts and come in SPBP, SPCP, 9JP, 15JP & 8VP sections.
- Aramid tensile cords provide extraordinary strength, durability and resistance to stretch.
- Its unique double fabric cover also offers extreme wear/abrasion resistance.
- The specially treated extra tough cover withstands shear & slip forces at peak loads – and it does so without generating excessive heat.
- Another benefit is its’ very high resistance to penetration by foreign materials.
- The Chloroprene rubber compounds also provide superb heat & oil resistance capabilities.
- The surface cover, which is non rubber, can handle excessive overloads without damaging the belt by allowing momentary slippage.
Additional benefits of the Gates Predator® V Belt
- Over 40% higher power ratings than in standard construction V belts.
- Less maintenance & down time.
- Constant belt re-tensioning is not needed.
Available in single v belt as well as Powerband® constructions:
- Powerband® belts have excellent rigidity laterally, provided by a multiple layer tie band system. This prevents v belts from turning over or coming off a drive completely.
- Single v belts are especially designed for applications not possible for Powerband® v belts.
- For example, when debris needs to pass through a space between belts without belt section damage occuring.
- Predator® single v belts are available on demand, and in lengths of more than 1400mm.
- European Static Conductive (ISO 1813).