ORAPI ADHESIVE 303 is a single component, medium viscosity, extra high strength anaerobic adhesive.
ORAPI ADHESIVE 303 provides an extra high strength retention of slip and press fitted cylindrical parts where permanent security is required. ORAPI ADHESIVE 303 gives a fast and reliable cure on most metallic surfaces and seals against most industrial fluids, leakage whilst preventing fretting corrosion.
- Gives a fast and reliable cure on most metallic surfaces.
- Withstands fatigue under dynamic loading conditions.
- Very high strength.
Methods of Application
- Ensure that surfaces to be bonded are clean and free from grease, dirt, dust and any other contamination.
- To ensure best cleaning results use ORAPI ADHESIVE S1950.
- Unscrew cap and cut off the top of the nozzle using a sharp or similar implement taking care to point the blade away from the body at all times.
- Affix the appropriate dosing tip if required. (Information on dosing tips can be found on ORAPI ADHESIVE Technical Information Sheet – Anaerobic Dosing Tips).
- Apply ORAPI ADHESIVE 303 High Strength Retainer to the bolt in sufficient quantity to fill all engaged threads.
- Bring together threaded components and tighten as required.
- Allow the bond to fully cure.
To Reduce Cure Time
- In order to reduce handling time, ORAPI ADHESIVES range of Anaerobic Activators can be used in conjunction with the adhesive as follows:
- Apply the selected activator to one surface and allow to dry for several seconds.
- Apply the adhesive to the other surface and bring together the two mating parts and tighten as required.
- Allow the bond to fully cure.
- Alternatively the activator can be applied after the two surfaces have been brought together.
- When applying ORAPI ADHESIVE 303 High Strength Retainer via automated machinery refer to the machinery manufacturers recommendations and consult ORAPI ADHESIVES Technical Department as to the best method of application
- ORAPI ADHESIVES supply a wide range of application equipment for dispensing anaerobic adhesives.
Typical Adhesive Characteristics
|Chemical Base||di-Methacrylate resin|
|Viscosity||Approx. 500 mPas @ 200C|
|Specific Gravity||1.15 g/cm3|
|Vapour Pressure||Very Low|
|Gap Filling Capacity||Up to 0.25 mm|
|Flash Point||> 1000C|
Typical Bond Characteristics
|Temperature Range||-500C to +1500C|
|Breakloose Torque*||20 – 32 N/m2|
|Prevailing Torque*||25 – 35 N/m2|
|Static Sheer*||25 – 30 N/m2|
*Tested on M10 mild steel nut and bolt.
ORAPI ADHESIVE 303 High Strength Retainer is available in 10 gram bottles, 50 gram bottles, 250 gram bottles as standard items and can be supplied in other formats as per customer requirements.
Storage and Shelf Life
Stored between 00C and +50C ORAPI ADHESIVE 303 High Strength Retainer will have a shelf life of 12 months in unopened containers.
Health and Safety
This Technical Information Sheet does not constitute a Material Safety Data Sheet. Before using this product ensure you have read and fully understood ORAPI ADHESIVE 303 High Strength Retainer Material Safety Data Sheet .
For Information on any products mentioned in this Technical Information Sheet and many more anaerobic adhesive related products including application equipment please contact ORAPI ADHESIVES Technical Department.
TIS No. 303/2