Orapi 403 Gasket Seal is a single component, thixotropic, anaerobic gasket compound.
IMPACT ADHESIVE 403 has gap filling ability and instantly replaces pre-shaped gaskets. Its thixotropic nature prevents migration of the product and facilitates application even on to vertical surfaces. IMPACT ADHESIVE 403 is also designed for fast assembly line applications such as screen printing and profiling.
- Is resistant to most chemicals.
- Brightly coloured for easy visual inspection during assembly.
- Can easily be removed for maintenance.
Methods of Application
- Ensure that surfaces to be bonded are clean and free from grease, dirt, dust and any other contamination.
- To ensure best cleaning results use IMPACT ADHESIVE S1950.
- Unscrew cap and cut off the top of the nozzle using a sharp or similar implement taking care to point the blade away from the body at all times.
- Affix the appropriate dosing tip if required. (Information on dosing tips can be found on IMPACT ADHESIVE
- Technical Information Sheet – Anaerobic Dosing Tips).
- Apply IMPACT ADHESIVE 403 Gasket Seal to the bolt in sufficient quantity to fill all engaged threads.
- Bring together threaded components and tighten as required.
- Allow the bond to fully cure.
To Reduce Cure Time
- In order to reduce handling time, IMPACT ADHESIVES range of Anaerobic Activators can be used in conjunction with the adhesive as follows:
- Apply the selected activator to one surface and allow to dry for several seconds.
- Apply the adhesive to the other surface and bring together the two mating parts and tighten as required.
- Allow the bond to fully cure.
- Alternatively the activator can be applied after the two surfaces have been brought together.
- When applying IMPACT ADHESIVE 403 Gasket Seal via automated machinery refer to the machinery manufacturers recommendations and consult IMPACT ADHESIVES Technical Department as to the best method of application
- IMPACT ADHESIVES supply a wide range of application equipment for dispensing anaerobic adhesives.
Typical Adhesive Characteristics
|Chemical Base||Di-Methacrylate resin|
|Viscosity||Approx. 35,000 mPas @ 200C|
|Specific Gravity||1.1 g/cm3|
|Vapour Pressure||Very Low|
|Gap Filling Capacity||Up to 0.4 mm|
|Flash Point||> 1000C|
Typical Bond Characteristics
|Temperature Range||-500C to +1500C|
|Tensile*||3 – 6 N.mm2|
|Pressure Resistance*||50 N.mm2|
|Tensile Sheer*||6 – 10 N.mm2|
*Tested on M10 mild steel nut and bolt.
IMPACT ADHESIVE 403 Gasket Seal is available in 50 gram bottles, 250 gram tubes as standard items and can be supplied in other formats as per customer requirements.
Storage and Shelf Life
Stored between 00C and +50C IMPACT ADHESIVE 403 Gasket Seal will have a shelf life of 12 months in unopened containers.
Health and Safety
This Technical Information Sheet does not constitute a Material Safety Data Sheet. Before using this product ensure you have read and fully understood IMPACT ADHESIVE 403 Gasket Seal Material Safety Data Sheet .
For Information on any products mentioned in this Technical Information Sheet and many more anaerobic adhesive related products including application equipment please contact IMPACT ADHESIVES Technical Department.
TIS No. 403/2