Orapi 105 Stud Lock Imapct Adhesive is a single component, medium viscosity, high strength anaerobic adhesive.
IMPACT ADHESIVE 105 provides high strength bonds for threadlocking applications where maximum security is required. IMPACT ADHESIVE 105 prevents the vibration loosening of studs and bolts, and the re-use of damaged studs and stud holes is made possible.
- Gives a fast and reliable cure on most metallic surfaces.
- Excellent solvent resistance
- It seals and prevents leakage and corrosion of threaded connections.
Methods of Application
- Ensure that surfaces to be bonded are clean and free from grease, dirt, dust and any other contamination.
- To ensure best cleaning results use IMPACT ADHESIVE S1950.
- Unscrew cap and cut off the top of the nozzle using a sharp or similar implement taking care to point the blade away from the body at all times.
- Afix the appropriate dosing tip if required. (Information on dosing tips can be found on IMPACT ADHESIVE Technical
- Information Sheet – Anaerobic Dosing Tips).
- Apply IMPACT ADHESIVE 105 Studlock to the bolt in sufficient quantity to fill all engaged threads.
- Bring together threaded components and tighten as required.
- Allow the bond to fully cure.
To Reduce Cure Time
- In order to reduce handling time, IMPACT ADHESIVES range of Anaerobic Activators can be used in conjunction with the adhesive as follows:
- Apply the selected activator to one surface and allow to dry for several seconds.
- Apply the adhesive to the other surface and bring together the two mating parts and tighten as required.
- Allow the bond to fully cure.
- Alternatively the activator can be applied after the two surfaces have been brought together.
- When applying IMPACT ADHESIVE 105 Studlock via automated machinery refer to the machinery manufacturers recommendations and consult IMPACT ADHESIVES Technical Department as to the best method of application
- IMPACT ADHESIVES supply a wide range of application equipment for dispensing anaerobic adhesives.
Typical Adhesive Characteristics
|Chemical Base||di-Methacrylate resin|
|Viscosity||500 mPas @ 200C|
|Specific Gravity||1.1 g/cm3|
|Vapour Pressure||Very Low|
|Gap Filling Capacity||Up to 0.25 mm|
|Flash Point||> 1000C|
Typical Bond Characteristics
|Temperature Range||-500C to +1500C|
|Breakloose Torque*||16 – 30 Nm./2|
|Prevailing Torque*||30 – 40 N/m2|
|Static Sheer*||15 – 20 N/m2|
*Tested on M10 mild steel nut and bolt.
IMPACT ADHESIVE 105 Studlock is available in 10 gram bottles, 50 gram bottles, 250 gram bottles as standard items and can be supplied in other formats as per customer requirements.
Storage and Shelf Life
Stored between 00C and +50C IMPACT ADHESIVE 105 Studlock will have a shelf life of 12 months in unopened containers.
Health and Safety
This Technical Information Sheet does not constitute a Material Safety Data Sheet. Before using this product ensure you have read and fully understood IMPACT ADHESIVE 105 Studlock Material Safety Data Sheet.
For Information on any products mentioned in this Technical Information Sheet and many more anaerobic adhesive related products including application equipment please contact IMPACT ADHESIVES Technical Department.
TIS No. 105/2