IMPACT ADHESIVE 205 is a single component, thixotropic anaerobic compound with added Teflon.
IMPACT ADHESIVE 205 is designed for locking and sealing pipe threads as used in sprinkler systems, gas pipes, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Gives an instant low pressure seal which allows systems to be started up without delay.
- Eliminates the vibration of joints.
- It seals and prevents leakage and corrosion of threaded connections.
- Because of its anaerobic nature any excess 205 Pipe Seal Teflon outside the bond line does not cure and can be flushed through the system without risk of blockage.
- Its thixotropic nature prevents migration of the product during application.
- It has good gap filling ability and is suitable for use on medium and large fittings.
- Easy disassembly of bonded components when necessary.
Methods of Application
- Ensure that surfaces to be bonded are clean and free from grease, dirt, dust and any other contamination.
- To ensure best cleaning results use IMPACT ADHESIVE S1950.
- Unscrew cap and cut off the top of the nozzle using a sharp or similar implement taking care to point the blade away from the body at all times.
- Apply IMPACT ADHESIVE 205 Pipe Seal Teflon in sufficient quantity to fill all engaged threads.
- Bring together threaded components and tighten as required.
- Allow the bond to fully cure.
Typical Adhesive Characteristics
|Chemical Base||Di-Methacrylate resin|
|Appearance||White thixotropic paste|
|Viscosity||25,000 mPas @ 200C|
|Specific Gravity||1.1 g/cm3|
|Vapour Pressure||Very Low|
|Gap Filling Capacity||Up to 0.4 mm|
|Flash Point||> 1000C|
Typical Bond Characteristics
|Temperature Range||-500C to +1500C|
|Breakloose Torque*||4 – 10 N/m2|
|Prevailing Torque*||4 – 10 N/m2|
|Static Sheer*||6 – 10 N/m2|
*Tested on M10 mild steel nut and bolt.
IMPACT ADHESIVE 205 Pipe Seal Teflon is available in 65ml concertina bottles, and 250ml tubes as standard items but can be supplied in other formats as per customer requirements.
Storage and Shelf Life
Stored between 00C and +50C IMPACT ADHESIVE 205 Pipe Seal Teflon will have a shelf life of 12 months in unopened containers.
Health and Safety
This Technical Information Sheet does not constitute a Material Safety Data Sheet. Before using this product ensure you have read and fully understood IMPACT ADHESIVE 205 Pipe Seal Teflon Material Safety Data Sheet.
For Information on any products mentioned in this Technical Information Sheet and many more anaerobic adhesive related products including application equipment please contact IMPACT ADHESIVES Technical Department.
TIS No. 205/2