Orapi 503 Cyanoacrylate Adhesive is a single component, high viscosity, slower curing methyl cyanoacrylate adhesive.
IMPACT ADHESIVE 503 is a slower setting on the majority of industrial substrates and is particularly suitable for bonding metals and plastics. It exhibits excellent humidity and low temperature resistance.
- Solvent free
- Cures fully leaving no residue
- Will bond most surfaces
Methods of Application
- Ensure that surfaces to be bonded are clean and free from grease, dirt, dust and any other contamination.
- To ensure best cleaning results use IMPACT ADHESIVE S1950 Cleaner.
- Unscrew cap and cut off the top of the nozzle using a sharp knife or similar implement taking care to point the blade away from the body at all times.
- Affix the appropriate dosing tip if required. (Information on dosing tips can be found on IMPACT ADHESIVE Technical Information Sheet – Cyanoacrylate Dosing Tips).
- Squeeze the bottle gently to apply a small amount of adhesive to one surface. One drop of adhesive is sufficient to bond one square inch of substrate.
- Bring the two surfaces together immediately and apply firm pressure.
- Handling Strength will be achieved within seconds and will vary dependent on substrate type.
- Full cure of the adhesive will be reached in approximately six hours.
To Reduce Cure Time
- In order to reduce handling time, IMPACTS range of Cyanoacrylate Activators can be used in conjunction with the adhesive as follows.
- Apply the selected activator to one surface and allow to dry for several seconds.
- Apply the adhesive to the other surface and bring the two surfaces together and press firmly as normal.
- Alternatively the activator can be applied after the two surfaces have been brought together.
- When applying IMPACT ADHESIVE 503 via automated machinery refer to machinery manufacturers recommendations and consult our IMPACT Technical Department as to the best method of application.
- IMPACT ADHESIVES supply a wide range of application equipment for dispensing cyanoacrylate adhesives.
Typical Adhesive Characteristics
|Chemical Type||Monomeric Methylcyanoacrylate|
|Viscosity||2000 mPas @ 200C|
|Specific Gravity||1.11 g/cm3|
|Flash Point||> 870C (DIN 53 213)|
|Plastic||15 – 35 seconds|
|EPDM||5 – 9 seconds|
Typical Bond Characteristics
|Chemical Type||Polymeric Methylcyanoacrylate|
|Volume Resistance||5.37 * 1014 Ohm/cm (DIN 53482)|
|Dielectric Constant||5.4 @ 1MHz (DIN 53483)|
|Dielectric Strength||12.9 kV/mm (DIN 53481)|
|Thermal Conductivity||0.2 W/K.m (DIN 52612)|
|Tensile Strength (Aluminium)||17.0 -21.0 N/mm2|
|Gap Filling Capacity||0.2 mm|
|Temperature Resistance||-300C to +1000C|
IMPACT ADHESIVE 503 is available in 2.5 gm vials, 10 gram bottles, 20 gram bottles, 50 gram bottles, 500 gram storage bottles as standard items and can be supplied in other formats as per customer requirements.
Storage and Shelf Life
Stored between 00C and 50C IMPACT ADHESIVE 503 will have a shelf life of 12 months.
Health and Safety
This Technical Information Sheet does not constitute a Material Safety Data Sheet. Before using this product ensure you have read and fully understood IMPACT ADHESIVE 503 Material Safety Data Sheet
For Information on any of the products mentioned in this Technical Information Sheet and many more cyanoacrylate adhesive related products including application equipment please contact IMPACT ADHESIVE 503 Technical Department.
TIS No. 503/1