Insulating, non-adhesive, water-repellent paste formulated from silicone for assembling and various greasing.
- Water-repellent grease demonstrates excellent hold in liquids.
- Lubricates, and provides optimal sliding.
- Reinforced resistance to rusting; withstands solvents and chemical agents extremely well.
- Demonstrates reinforced dielectrical characteristics, even in humid environments.
- Chemically inert; does not corrode metals.
- Does not damage plastics or rubber materials.
- SI 4 is especially recommended as an insulating water-repellent.
- Protects against electrolytic corrosion.
- Electrical equipment, relays, connectors, antennas and more.
- Battery terminals, pin head adaptors for lamps, and all equipment requiring protection from water.
- Lubrication during assembly of parts when there is very little backlash. Facilitates sliding. Lubricant for metal/plastic, metal/elastomer surfaces.
- Treat rubber O-rings.
- Suitable for greasing devices in vacuum.
|Evaporation in 24 hours at 200°C||3%|
|Worked penetration after 60 strokes at 25°C||225-250|
|Operating temperature||-40°C to 200°C|
|Di-electrical strength kV/mm||20|
|Dielectric constant at 25°C (10² cycles/s)||2 85|
|Loss tangent at 25°C (10²cycles/s)||0.0006|
|Volume resistivity at 25°C ohm/cm||1.10|
|Arc resistance, in seconds, minimum||80|
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
Surfaces that have been previously lubricated with a mineral-based grease must be perfectly clean before
application of SI 4.
- Complies with Army – NATO G 392
- Complies with ATEX 94/9/CE Directive
Technical Information Sheet Reference
TIS No. 621 / 4